Welcome to our Faith Formation page!
My name is Andrew Allen, Director of Evangelization & Catechesis, and I look forward to meeting you. Registration for 2022-2023 is open! Please register online by clicking the button below. Scroll down to see all of our program details.
St. Gabriel offers a Sunday Preschool program for children ages four and five. This Christ-centered catechesis aims to educate children in the Catholic faith and incorporate them into the life of the Christian community. Children encounter Jesus in the Gospel through storytelling, prayer, learning activities, and song.
Catechists use the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies curriculum
Schedule and Location:
October through April
Sundays, from 10:30-11:30am (during the 10:30am Mass)
Our Wednesday evening program for children in grades 1-5 follows a one-year cycle curriculum, with a focus on an authentic encounter with Christ through the narration of salvation history.
- St. Gabriel's dedicated catechists use the Faith and Life curriculum from Ignatius Press to pass on the faith through knowledge of what we believe as Catholic disciples, how we live out our sacramental life in the Church, moral formation, and prayer. Faith and Life is in full conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Every unit integrates a variety of learning styles by using traditional classroom instruction/discussion, faith activities, role-play, memorization, religious art, and service projects. Sessions end with a large group prayer in the gym or church.
- In addition, St. Gabriel's faith formation hosts special fellowship/worship/education events and parish-wide gatherings (monthly family nights, Advent and Lenten prayer opportunities, Eucharistic Adoration, and special Masses).
Schedule & Location:
- September through May
- Wednesday evenings from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Interlachen campus
- Sixth-grade students learn to love the moral law as Christ did and to cherish and love the Mass as our best prayer to God, and especially to revere and adore Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
- In anticipation of Confirmation in the eighth grade, seventh-grade students learn to treasure the sacraments as indispensable to a full Christian life of love and truth. To understand how grace works and its relation to practicing the virtues, and to appreciate our gifts of reason and faith.
- Eighth-grade students will prepare for the celebration of Confirmation on May 6, 2023, at the Basilica of St. Mary. The candidates are guided through prayer, discernment, and a deeper conversion of the faith. The year includes fellowship, NET retreats, study of the faith, and diverse faith activities—designed to help our candidates approach Confirmation with the necessary faith, knowledge, desire and intent.
Schedule & Location:
- September through May
- Wednesday evenings from 6-7:30pm
- Interlachen campus
All high school youth in grades 9-12 are encouraged to participate in our High School Ministry program, which meets on Wednesday nights, 6-7:30pm at the Interlachen campus. Dive deep into your faith and come up refreshed and recharged for the rest of your week! Youth will have an opportunity to learn, discuss, and witness about their own faith in both a large and small group setting.
The most profound encounters we have with Jesus Christ are through the celebration of the sacraments. We work with parents to help prepare their children for these graced moments in which they take a step forward in their discipleship.
First Reconciliation and First Communion
In their second-grade year children at St. Gabriel receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation in December, and make their First Communion in May. The preparation events and at-home curriculum are designed to give you and your child a deeper understanding of Reconciliation and Eucharist, and their value in our lives as disciples of Jesus Christ. All children must also be enrolled in a Catholic school or the Elementary Faith Formation program at St. Gabriel during their sacrament year.
This coming year (2022-2023), youth of St. Gabriel in grades 8-10 will be confirmed in the spring semester. Older youth who have not yet been confirmed are also welcomed to join the program. Candidates from both public and Catholic schools must participate in the parish program held on Wednesday evenings.
**Celebration of Confirmation: Saturday, May 6, 2023, at the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis
Please contact Andrew Allen with any questions.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, otherwise known as RCIA, is the process through which people become full members of the Roman Catholic Church or complete their Catholic initiation. It is an opportunity to join others in deepening one’s relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church through study and spiritual formation in the Catholic faith. Ultimately those who decide to become Catholic prepare to receive the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation). The RCIA welcomes inquirers at all levels of knowledge, faith and intent!
An Invitation to Inquire:
Have you been curious about the Catholic Church? Thinking about becoming Catholic? Or are you looking to rediscover your Catholic faith? At St. Gabriel the Archangel we welcome and value every inquirer regardless of religious/family background, and strive to create a space to freely contemplate God’s call. The RCIA team offers support and pastoral attentiveness to each inquirer’s situation.
Who is RCIA for?
- Non-baptized adults who want to be baptized in the Catholic faith.
- Adults who have been baptized into a different Christian tradition and now want to explore becoming Catholic
- Baptized Catholic adults who have never received the sacraments of Confirmation and/or the Eucharist
- Anyone interested in exploring the Catholic faith
For more information about RCIA at St. Gabriel the Archangel, contact Andrew Allen at 952-540-4762 or email@example.com
St. Gabriel the Archangel is committed to ensuring the safety of all participants in our ministry programs. All employees and volunteers who interact with minors are required to complete and maintain safe environment credentials through the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
To ensure successful completion of the requirements, follow the information below before creating your VIRTUS account. If you have an existing VIRTUS account, contact Eric Duffert for assistance so your account can be updated prior to login.
TOTAL TIME COMMITMENT: Approximately 95 minutes.
1. Set aside sufficient time to complete all items without logging out.
Incomplete accounts may result in lost data, requiring you to repeat your setup.
2. Read and follow the directions on the website in the order presented.
Skipping items, fast-forwarding, or backing up may corrupt your account and require you to repeat your assignments.
a. Complete each registration field as presented on the screen.
b. Complete the Code of Conduct.
c. Complete the Background Check application (SSN is required)
d. Complete Safe Environment Training (1 module, approximately 75 minutes)
VIRTUS website: www.virtusonline.org
Use Google Chrome browser and allow pop-ups for this website.